350 turbo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mke31

Greasemonkey
Jan 21, 2011
south florida
i put new front and rear seal in and put new filter and gasket in when i pulled it from a car 2 years ago and its been in my garage where it hasnt gotten wet or anything but had no transmission fluid in it for this long what are the chances its still good?

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
mke31 said:
i put new front and rear seal in and put new filter and gasket in when i pulled it from a car 2 years ago and its been in my garage where it hasnt gotten wet or anything but had no transmission fluid in it for this long what are the chances its still good?

I would replace all the seals, gasket and filter just to be safe. Should be fine. Remaned trans sit for years in warehouses till they are sold. Seals dry out and crack when they are old, but not when new and in a clean enviroment.

carpenter383

Apprentice
Jan 22, 2011
I rebuild trannies for side work, I'd say ur trans is fine. 2 yrs in a dry place should'nt hurt anything.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
I would try to at least lube the front and rear seals if you can.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
If it would give you piece of mind why not just change them anyway since it's out of the car? They're dirt cheap and I'd rather do the front seal now than having to drop the trans if it starts pissing fluid. They're probably fine though as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor