350ci valve covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kifried

Apprentice
Feb 3, 2008
Wichita, KS
Hi, does anyone know where I can get Non-chrome valve covers for an olds 350? I'd like something that is maybe anodized, black billet, etc? I'm really looking for black valve covers?

Thanks

bigdan

Master Mechanic
Oct 3, 2007
st-jean baptiste ,quebec,
there use to be some M/T in black wrinkle finish ....dont know if still available

KrisW

G-Body Guru
Oct 24, 2007
Lakeland, FL
I painted my Holley Aluminum Valve Covers and then cleaned off the fins to give them that look. I got those and some M/T covers at a swap meet for free in Pomona.

That's what I'd do. You can also buy aluminum GM Performance Parts valve covers that are nice.

kifried

Apprentice
Feb 3, 2008
Wichita, KS
Are the GM performance alum. covers available without "oldsmobile" scripted across the top? I couldn't find plain black alum. covers from GM performance..

What paint did you use to paint the covers?

KrisW

G-Body Guru
Oct 24, 2007
Lakeland, FL
I used engine paint, but powder coating is the way to go.

The GM covers are what they are, natural finish with Oldsmobile on them. I like them, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor