4 door cutlass - Fix or Find a 2 door

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Malibu 4dr is very similar to the 2dr. The 4dr Olds looks like a mini Delta 88, totally different from the 2dr, I like it.

I picked up a 4 door just like the one your looking at. The 4 door grows on ya and i cant for the life of me find a 2 door anywhere near as nice as mine, 100k miles rubber seals perfect, interior like new, so little up grades and some paint will be nice looking and perfect running car, check out my pics

I took a look at those pics KC83cutless, sweet. It looks spotless. I've always wondered though, why don't the back windows roll down?

Opie Knievel said:
I've always wondered though, why don't the back windows roll down?

I read somewhere that GM designed the 4-door Malibu's with the intention of police using them as squad cars. I don't know if it's true or not.

I've always wondered though, why don't the back windows roll down?

I've always suspected it was a cost savings measure.

I would definitely try the 4DR build. As mentioned, they do fly under the radar pretty nicely. I see cops glance and their eye just moves on to something more noteworthy.

IMO, as soon as you put decent rubber and wheels on a 2DR, it looks enough like a hot rod to warrant (the wrong kind of) attention.

Jim

DeltaT said:
IMO, as soon as you put decent rubber and wheels on a 2DR, it looks enough like a hot rod to warrant (the wrong kind of) attention.

Jim

I've experienced this exact thing, my 85 salon was cop bait! I couldn't go anywhere without getting the stink eye, or pulled over and questioned what I was up to :wtf: (even when the car was a six banger). It attracted way too much negative attention, although it did attract some good attention too, the gals seemed to like it, lol. My 4 dr, just the opposite. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor