442 Rims or IRocs need your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks unique and good the way it is now...don't touch it...this is from a guy with SS wheels on his regal. :wink:

yeh my build is all based on Budget currently im just working part time and going to school for collage soon so basicly if I want new rims I need to sell my Irocs or I cant do it thats why I wanted as many opnions as posible. 15" rims are to $$$ for me right now these 14 " have fresh paint and are good shape and new tires for cheap so its a no Brainer.

I vote irocs. They do look good (i may have a bias). The factory wheels look good but 14s don't fill the wheel well right imo.

fwiw BFG Radial TAs stock size (GN/Ttype/442/MCSS) 215/65/15. Stock 14s were 25.5 tall.

215/65/15 stock size 26.0 tall, 7.8 tread width, $105 on tirerack
235/60/15 common upgrade 26.1 tall, 9.25 tread width $109 on tirerack
245/60/14 stockish height for speedometer/odometer 25.6 tall, 9.64 tread width $117 on tirerack

Andrew Geeting has pics on here of a Cutty with the Olds 14" ralleys with the 245/60/14s all the way around and it fills out the wells and looks muscle car. But every other size 14 seems to be either a little too short or too narrow to pull if off right.

I say your car your decision, I think asking for everyone's opinion is ok. It is your car and you have to like it not them. The die hard Olds fans will always tell you Olds rally's and nothing else. :lol: I like other factory wheels, as my car is a regal with chevy rallys on it. I think it looks good with the irocs, would probably look even better with the olds rally's painted gold. Just my opinion.

olds ralleys painted the same red as the car. i liek painting them to match the car, because everyone else has either black or gold... to me its outside of the box

dogshit said:
fwiw BFG Radial TAs stock size (GN/Ttype/442/MCSS) 215/65/15. Stock 14s were 25.5 tall.

215/65/15 stock size 26.0 tall, 7.8 tread width, $105 on tirerack
235/60/15 common upgrade 26.1 tall, 9.25 tread width $109 on tirerack
245/60/14 stockish height for speedometer/odometer 25.6 tall, 9.64 tread width $117 on tirerack

Andrew Geeting has pics on here of a Cutty with the Olds 14" ralleys with the 245/60/14s all the way around and it fills out the wells and looks muscle car. But every other size 14 seems to be either a little too short or too narrow to pull if off right.
any idea where these pictures are? what post? Id like to see them as well....

If you are planning one of the common swaps to larger brakes ( blazer or LS1 )then they wont clear the caliper with the SSii wheels ( 14" or 15 " ). I did the brake swap on my car and now I cant even run my stock 1983-1984 15" steel wheels which I used to use when I parked the car for the winter. The 15" alum wheels ( 85-88 ) in my avatar just fit.

I would either leave the Irocs on there or looks for some S10 Extreme / Zq8 wheels ( if you want stock gm stuff ). Otherwise look to the aftermarket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor