5.3 Air Conditioning in G-Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Have any pics Im curious. Usually every one top mount set up Ive seen I dont know what brackets they used,

Dinosport, I used Holley part 20-134 which is a quality piece. It is a 1 piece cast design and looks like a GM part would have put on our cars.
hly-20-134_ml.jpg

The Dirty Dingo bracket below uses 2 laser cut pieces of metal and requires the use of the larger body 508 Sanden compressor.
In my opinion it's an inferior bracket design made from 2 aluminum plates. To each his own.
DD-LS-SANDEN-AC-1.JPG

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Nov 29, 2017
When I studied this there where no mounts available that provide clearance to the frame for the low mount compressor. With that said, you can notch the frame for clearance...I just chose not to and used the Holley brackets for factory (top passenger side) compressor location. I went with the Sanden compressor option because it is far better than the leaky POS R4 compressors our G bodies came with.
Good advice couldn't have put it any better.

Mar 18, 2018
Stock 5.3 truck compressor on mine fit with no notch. Using spohn motor mounts.

Hi Bigmandengo. Could you get me the part #'s to the engine mounts and the poly bushings you used? I know there spohn but thats about it. I am also doing a 6.0L to a 1985 Monte SS. Any info would be great. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor