5.3 ls turbo swap help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crzyrdnk

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 25, 2015
Red Deer, Alberta Canada
Hey guys im brand new to this site!
And ive been doing some searching and havnt found the info that I need so i figured id just ask.
Im building a 1983 regal and swapping in a 5.3 ls motor.
I already have the 5.3 and i know pretty much exactly what im goin to do in the way of supporting mods the plan is making it a turbo car and im wondering if anyone knows if this kit will fit into a gbody engine bay?
http://www.on3performance.com/shop/1998-02-camaro-turbo-system-ac-deleted/

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks

Crzyrdnk

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 25, 2015
Red Deer, Alberta Canada
ive been doing some research and i cant see why it wouldnt fit. the Gbody Engine bay is larger than the F body and i cant see anything that would interfere with the installation

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
The crossmember will probably be your biggest hurdle.

Try it out if you think it will work. If it doesn't work I'm sure you could sell it for a small loss, or just modify it.

And if it works, post it up here and help a lot of folks out!

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
That kit comes with the cold side and a down pipe. I'm willing to bet neither of those have any chance of fitting

If I were you I'd try to buy the hot side only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor