EL CAMINO 68 - 69 Chevelle 10 Bolt Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Good to know. I was just curious, I saw unit available for $75 and wondered if worth picking up and set aside.

-dw-

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2021
Central MN
71-72 Olds axle in my 84. Drilling new mounting holes it can be bolted into a gbody for no money. Alittle brake line reroute. Some cut and weld of the spring and lower shock mounts. I have GTA and Iroc front and rears, works well. My ROH 17s rears have over 6.5” backspace.

stew86MCSS396

Greasemonkey
Aug 1, 2022
(808)
Damn you had to remind me back in the late '80s, I bought the neighbors rotted out '72 Skylark GS only for the 455 but also used the TH-400 after learning the short vs long tailshaft was better suited for my app. PO told me it had a BOP 10-bolt 3.90 under there. I let the city and county take it away when I figured I had no use for it at the time. :cry:

Screwz

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2021
Arkansas
Damn you had to remind me back in the late '80s, I bought the neighbors rotted out '72 Skylark GS only for the 455 but also used the TH-400 after learning the short vs long tailshaft was better suited for my app. PO told me it had a BOP 10-bolt 3.90 under there. I let the city and county take it away when I figured I had no use for it at the time. :cry:
I’m not sure what year or where my BOP came from but it fits without any modifications. As far as I can tell nothing looks altered. Stock arms and shock positions. The only difference is can find is the 3” of overall length. I’m pretty sure nobody is going to complain about an extra 3” .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor