6x9 adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
has anyone had trouble with these adapters? mine is not fitting, i cannot not even see how it would work correctly and the speaker hits the metal behind the speakers. maybe its just my car, idk. 1980 grand prix

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
from what i remember you are better off screwing them in rather then using the mounting stuff they include with them. its been a few years now

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
alright, i'll take a look into that. thanks.

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
They can be a PITA to fit, but mine have worked in the past.. they just took time to force in there.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Mine worked just fine, except that my speakers hit the torsion bars for the trunk lid. The ones I had used a wire bale in place of the GM aluminum bracket that came stock for the 4x10's. I will also say that I just test fit some 5x7 or 5x8 (forget which) speakers back there, and they will fit without an adapter. They will need to be screwed in to the deck, and a block off plate made to cover the excess opening size..

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
when i put new 6x9's in the back of mine i bolted them straight up with no adapters, could not understand why i would need them to be honest with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor