7.5” 10 bolt disc brake conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
Spent 548.00 for Ac Delco rotors/pads/e-brake shoes and caliper repair kits and AC Delco pads and a complete 2002 Camaro rear end. I used the backing plates, calipers and cable brakes w/nuts and bolts and the yard gave me back 75 for the remaining rear end.
That would be a good deal. The 02 rear end i believe has the zexel torsen posi unit worth salvaging.

Inline tube has a complete disc brake conversion kit for $350 without e brake

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
As long as the components are in good condition, with good brake shoes, and the S10 wheel cylinders with the larger pistons, the rear drum brakes are perfectly capable of good service, with no concerns of brake caliper clearance, or parking brake capability. I understand that you are familiar with disc brakes, but you will get good service out of a properly set up drum brake setup, with less concerns about adapting parts that may not work, and less expense. On braking, your weight transfer will be towards the front of the car, so having good front brakes is important.
I did the Blazer front brake conversion on my '80 Malibu, with good parts on the rear drums, and the braking for normal driving is good. If you're going to go autocrossing, or some other form of competition, then I can understand the need for better braking than the drum brakes will provide.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
That would be a good deal. The 02 rear end i believe has the zexel torsen posi unit worth salvaging.

Inline tube has a complete disc brake conversion kit for $350 without e brake
I have S10 front set up too. So, I'm all GM around. My state requires e-brake to pass inspection, if yours doesn't then go for the the non e-brake. As I have frame off my car, I have tried to go all GM parts when possible. The only non GM is the Strange Dana 60 I put in earlier in the year and I had it built with Camaro axle tube ends to be able to put on the Camaro disks. Inline as a very good video on installing their kit.

Reactions: 1 user

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
if you have no need for the emergency brake I would go for the non-ebrake kit. It took some long conversations with inline in order to get a cable that would work with their kit. If I were to do it again I would use maybe the speedway kit and use some universal parking brake kit that would need to be modified to work.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor