7.5 10 bolt rear end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homegrown

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 31, 2022
Yikes! I recently saw battle scars like that on a 7.5 and the contact made by the pinion gear messed up the surface area so the pin had difficulty sliding out. Didn't think to investigate any further since the decision was made to use another rearend.
Fair probably what we should be doing

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
How much do they typically sell for?

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Complete housings with 2 series open carriers are dirt cheap in my area, but who the heck wants one of them?

If you want a 2.29 - 3.08 gear, then $150-200. If you're running stock size tires and a 3 speed transmission, then a 2 series carrier with a 3.08 will work and not hamper performance. But if you have a 26-28" tire or an OD transmission, then a 3 series carrier/diff is needed. They are not common, and most of what you'll find is an open differential.

Depending on your goals/needs with your car will guide your decision. If any form of performance is needed, then buy a posi differential and gears based on your trans top gear ratio and tire size. If sticky tires are in the future of this car, then bust out the wallet or get some extra bears and bearing kits because 400hp and a sticky tire will eat up a 7.5 regularly.

Reactions: 1 user

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
depends. plain jane, $FREE to $300 (I wouldn't pay more than a $150, tops)
if it has a posi or gov-lock or ratio above 3.0:1 then $200-400 (maybe?)
if it has aftermarket UCA/LCA then there's more money

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor