7.5 rearend

Status
Not open for further replies.
c_unit productions said:
FLY_THE_BOWTIE said:
c_unit productions said:
we been running one in a 76 nova for a while now with 4.56's and a mini spool racing and its holding up fine. we run 12.48 on motor havent sprayed it yet.

whats the rest of your combination? and weight of car? thanks
350 bored .30 over .100 dome forged piston stock rods stock crank 2.02 stock casting 041 casting heads solid lift .493 .512 lift open plenum intake team g and a holley 750 double pumper opened up with a proform main body. dont know the weight of the car but it also has a 10 point cage. the braces in the doors cut out and a set of racing seats thats about it.

wow that is bout the same thing im gonna do for an engine. i didnt think it would run that fast. what transmission,converter are you running? transbreak?
thanks

ron

a turbo 350 that i put the b&m master racing overhaul kit from summit with a shift kit 3200-3500 stall and no trans brake straight off the foot brake. we run a 28x9 mickey thompson slick. i would like to try the same cam that i put in my other cousins regal with a 350 in it. its a comp cam .525 .525 solid lift. hes got 2.02 flat top 4 eye-brow stock rods and stock crank dual plane intake and a vaccum secondary 600 holley turbo 350 32-3500 stall 3.73 gear and i used 26x8 slicks on it and went best of only 2 passes 8.34, (8.44 on first pass) and no adjustment after first run just cooled down a little. he had everything in his car.

A 7.5 or7.625 10 bolt will last ok of you stay away from slicks and run an auto trans

BB Olds said:
A 7.5 or7.625 10 bolt will last ok of you stay away from slicks and run an auto trans

slicks vs street tires- traction is traction. i used to run bfg radial t/a's and then went to slicks. no difference in et or 60 ft. both hooked very well.

Yes i see your point but a street tire will spin usualy before a slick will so the amount of toqure it takes to break the axle is more than to break traction so the tire will spin before the axle brakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor