700r4 again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlitothemac

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 8, 2007
brooklyn
i recently put a 2500 stall in my 700r4 also changed the servo and i thought it would feel better but at times it just sux. sometime from a dead stop hit the accelerator and the car drags as if it was a stick when the clutch is not all the way out i would literally down shift and bam it goes....also at top end i feel after a certain speed it lags like it doesnt want to do anything...now i had or have problems adjusting that dam cable (kickdown)...i dont know if one effects everything.and im definitely not getting the overdrive maybe thats why it lags at top end also....anyone gone thru this or knows any remedy to this problem...a little frustrated...thanx in advance. :roll:

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
The servo is what engages the bands in the trasmission, it kinda is a hydraulic solenoid. Was this a performance style on or stock? Did you make sure that all of the o-rings and seals were in place? If they arent holding pressure, they wont fully engage.

The cable on those transmissions control almost everything, shift points, firmness(line pressure), part throttle downshifts, maybe some other things. If that is not adjusted properly, it will ruin your transmission!! If you dont think it is adjusted right, and cant get it adjusted, take it to someone who knows how as soon as you can to avoid transmission failure,

carlitothemac

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 8, 2007
brooklyn
yeah it was a stock transmission that i put a corvette servo in it. the servo was done rite....now as far as the cable goes i guess i would have to bring it in...shish is just frustrating thanx...

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
are you running a q-jet? if not you may need the geometry correction kit so the TV cable will work right.

carlitothemac

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 8, 2007
brooklyn
no i running a demon carb....road demon jr....now ive been wondering about that kit is it really as just installing it and thats it or do i have to play with the crap all over again......

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
it should just be install it and readjust the cable. i don't know what it takes ti do the install, but the TV cable adjustment only takes 5min.

http://www.tvmadeez.com/demon_cam/

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Good call on the carb! I would have never thought of that. Im getting a 200R4 for mine, im assuming the stock cable setup wont work with a Holley?

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i think the 4175 is close enough, since it's the q-jet replacement, but that's a guess.
any other holley should use a correction kit to get 100% correct TV control.
i'd call bowtie overdrives and ask them.
carlio, did you see the note about changing to a longer spring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor