700R4 Funner without the throttle valve cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Right, so today i was messing around with the throttle hookups and forgot to re-attach the TV cable to the trans, and surprisingly it seems like the car performers allot better without the cable hooked up? So i guess what my real question is, how bad is this for the trans? lol

Brick442

Master Mechanic
Apr 16, 2009
Jersey Shore
Very bad. The throttle valve linkage signals the transmission to increase fluid pressure under heavy throttle. Without it, your 700 is not getting proper pressure and will burn up.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Yeah i figured, i did allot of homework on the Tv cable setup on the 700R4, it's a pain in the *ss to calibrate but honestly it's a very big bonus with this transmission, you can re-calibrate that cable depending on your setup, which i think is pretty cool, just my 2 cents.

ssexxy1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 13, 2009
Chattown
I have recently put a 700r4 in my car and the speedo is now way off do you know where i might be able to get these it is a stock motor car

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor