The Z24 of course!!!

barf GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I had V6 Cavalier wagons as daily drivers for years (yes, they were all automatics). As a daily vehicle, I thought they were great. I found them fun to drive, not too bad on fuel, and had a decent amount of cargo space (for a smaller vehicle). Just saying.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I wish my 3.8 sounded like a Z24 3.1. Had to be one of the GM engineer's finer accomplishments.

Sadly, I only had the 2.8L - I dreamed of doing a 3.4L swap.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I wish I had back my 4 speed 78. But I failed tracking it down. I didn't really have the money for it either if I did find it. But I got an 80 automatic to start over with so leave the past behind and move on. Who knows what it even looks like now. I remember it when it was just painted and pinstriped almost 25 years ago.
Brian Bousquet.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Anyway getting back to the Canadian cars, have you tried doing a search for Canadian GM tracking? I would have to look for a name but I learned this with my 70. Canada required much more stringent documentation of cars than the US did. There was a company in Canada that was able to take the VIN for my 70 and break down the car and tell me what the options were it had when built. They could tell the car IS a real SS396 350 hp. They could tell me the car was a rare Citrus Green 70 Chevelle. Also the trim tag on a Canadian built 70 is stamped Z25M40 which is the SS396 T-400 code if you were to have a build sheet. A US built SS has no distinction on the trim tag and the only way to CONFIRM its an SS is a build sheet. Yeah I know, there are tell tales that would indicate the car SHOULD be an SS but not all cars have this. Like my car, has ALL the tell tales except a 5000 tach instead of 5500. So either it was installed this way because its what the factory had, or somebody replaced it later on. Its kind of like that MARTI company that owns all the Mustang records.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor