79 century

Status
Not open for further replies.

wagon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2009
manchester,nh
regal/t-type.grand national/gnx...wheres the century!!! :p

just dragged home(semi literally) a 79 century 2 door 3.8 with a quadrajet, th250, gn hood, wheels, and a turbo spoiler. theres a few rust spots here and there but i've found 0 rot except for the trunk lid(thats from a turbo car) and the rear bumper which a half mile from the house completely fell off and got stuck under the dolly haha. also needs one taillight so all the things wrong are in the back, header panel, doors, interior are all very nice. can tell its sat for awhile by the tires and a nest or 2 but it starts right up and purrs like a kitten, no brakes whatsoever but thats no big deal. last thing i need is another project but how could i pass up a super rare (2400 built) and ugly g-body?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I dig it! Many guys think they're ugly as sin, but I think they're cool as hell. I've always liked that body style.But I always had a thing for unusual cars. Good find!

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I like those and the 78-80 Salon/442. I'd love to put a Buick 455.....or even a Buick 350 in one of those. I'm a fan of the 78-80 cars anyway just because they're the underdogs.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
and everyone thought the "butless cutlass' " were rare.... very nice find! like longroof, I've always liked the oddball cars, and always did like those. keep us posted with pics!

wagon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2009
manchester,nh
G-Body_Vet said:
Don't break that spoiler! You may never find another one!

no doubt, it has a steel mounting structure under it that doesnt feel very secure so i'll have to take it off and see what i can do to make it solid again.

i agree with you guys, i like the ugly weird stuff haha. only problem is when its ugly weird RARE stuff parts become an issue but it seems a lot of regal stuff fits except the trunk, lights, and trim is century specific, luckily they made around 20k in 78 which still isnt much better than 2400 but its something. i actually got it at an auction so it must've been donated since theres no dealer on the title, just the owner since 96. title says actual mileage at 28k in 96, car says 48 now, even though the seat/pedals/etc look really good i have a hard time believing that its not 148k especially since the engine has some blow by coming out the valve cover. when i first spied it with the gn hood and wheels i was really hoping it had a whole gn drivetrain, no such luck haha.

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
G-Body_Vet said:
I like those and the 78-80 Salon/442. I'd love to put a Buick 455.....or even a Buick 350 in one of those. I'm a fan of the 78-80 cars anyway just because they're the underdogs.

Oh yeah!

That body style cries for a Buick 455....even cooler with a four or five speed to add to the "Its pretty rare, they didn't mak very many..."

I am thinking pump-gas friendly 455, T-5, 3.23-3.42 gear, maybe 100 shot of pepper spray "just because"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor