79' Cutlass. Over due budget build, LT1, 700r4, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedoctorisin

Greasemonkey
Nov 25, 2009
East Bay Area, S.F. Ca.
While diagnosing the distributor problem I cracked on of the insulators off the #5 plug so I had to replace that but now she's back together and running nice and smooth.

I need to start to work on my cooling fans, I currently just have one and when sitting in traffic the engine get a little too hot. And it was only get worse as it gets warmer. Updates on that next week.

Attachments

• IMAG0177.jpg
    IMAG0177.jpg
    790.3 KB · Views: 1,412

1988MCLS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 26, 2010
GREENEVILLE TENNESSEE 37745
I am about to do the 88 Monte LS with a 96 LT1 swap...does the a/c delete pulley work fine ? and are there any motor mount mods?

I have a complete 96 caddy fleetwood for a donor car..

thedoctorisin

Greasemonkey
Nov 25, 2009
East Bay Area, S.F. Ca.
So you need to flip the passenger side mount on the motor up side down so it matches the driver side mount.

And with the ac delete pully, the one I used it fit but there was only a 1/8 inch of clearance to the frame so I cut a little Hoover for it to fit in when the motor torques over.

I will say that there or ac delete pullys that are smaller and don't need any cut anything at all. You just need to have a tighter belt for thde small pully size.

If you go to http://www.cardomain.com/id/wrightlimousine you can some pics of the pully, fuel system, and mounts. Just haven't had time to post it here.

thedoctorisin

Greasemonkey
Nov 25, 2009
East Bay Area, S.F. Ca.
I went out to san fran for a job interview with Toyota and had to stop and take shot of the car out on treasure island.

Attachments

• IMAG0210.jpg
    IMAG0210.jpg
    970 KB · Views: 1,349

thedoctorisin

Greasemonkey
Nov 25, 2009
East Bay Area, S.F. Ca.
You can see the mounting tab where I had to cut a couple inches out of the front edge because it was hitting the pan. You can also see where I modified my stock cross member to have a double hump. Used a piece of steel plate welded to the top then cut the chunk of the crossmember out where the exhaust went then hammered down the open metal and welded it up.

Attachments

• IMAG0236.jpg
    IMAG0236.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,339

thedoctorisin

Greasemonkey
Nov 25, 2009
East Bay Area, S.F. Ca.
Haven't been doing a lot work on the car just driving it.

Attachments

• IMAG0234.jpg
    IMAG0234.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,287
  • IMAG0233.jpg
    IMAG0233.jpg
    821.4 KB · Views: 1,299

thedoctorisin

Greasemonkey
Nov 25, 2009
East Bay Area, S.F. Ca.
I blew through 3rd and 4th gear a couple weeks ago so I've been saving for a monster in a box rebuild kit but I had to get this 1980 nose. Ive liked the look so I saw one in the yard and figured I'd pull the trigger on it. Have to clean it up and paint it but it will be sick once its on. It was only like $65 bucks with the lights and electical plugs, brackets, and a light switch.

Attachments

• IMAG0372.jpg
    IMAG0372.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,255

thedoctorisin

Greasemonkey
Nov 25, 2009
East Bay Area, S.F. Ca.
Here is the side by side comparison, I'm going to do led turns in the bumper.

Attachments

• IMAG0432.jpg
    IMAG0432.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,190

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
first off that pic on treasure island came out really nice brah nice shot and good eye . Second man build is nice brah looking good indeed .I wish i had the money to do this kind of thing in my ride .But hell the junk yards around here are way more pricey then yours .That whole front nose u got here would have cost u like 150. anyways keep up the good work man .

thedoctorisin

Greasemonkey
Nov 25, 2009
East Bay Area, S.F. Ca.
Like I said in the title, its all a budget build. I try to hit the yards when they have their big sales, usually twice a year. So I make a big list of potential goodies I'm looking for long before I get there. I also don't put any deadlines in there because I feel like when ever I jump through hoops to get something, a week later it drops in my lap. I got my LT1 in pieces of 50$ and thats where this project went from my grandmas ride to nice little sleeper. But the transition took time. Always looking for fresh new mods, as well as keeping up with the wear and tear of trying to driver her daily (even tho I have a big ol Lincoln to drive everyday) I like the feeling of driving some classic steel with my own flare to it.

Paint matched the nose the other day. Got her sprayed up and getn ready to bolt her up later today. Not a 100% match but 99.7% is good enough for now. New paint will happen when I get a garage to that.

Attachments

• IMAG0487.jpg
    IMAG0487.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,127
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor