79 Grand Prix Dash Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDUNIGAN1981

Master Mechanic
Mar 15, 2015
Vent should be separate.i believe there may be slight variation in the 78-80 and the 81-87 hp dashes.look under ,near e brake cable and door buzz,there is around 6-7 screw/bolts that secure the wiring harness in sheathing that is attached along the top that secures to actual dash and will prevent it from coming out in its entirety...this is where a extra hand is helpful,if not avail you will have to balance the whole assembly forward(trying not to damage the already 30 year old brittle dash)and affix your arm in position to remove the iirc the number 7 or 8 mm bolts,then it should be free and removable...

Thanks for the intel... I hate getting reasonable suggestions while I am working.
Makes it way more difficult to finish out the work day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor