79 Hurst/Oldsmobile interior question

Status
Not open for further replies.

timberice

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2010
Chicago,Il
There is a 1979 Hurst/Oldsmobile that i am thinking about buying. The car is in solid shape but the interior is trashed. I want to know is anybody reproducing anything interior wise for these cars? The seat covers were ripped up and the carpet and headliner was gone. Should i find a more complete car to start with or should i just buy the car and worry about that later. The price is fair so I hate to pass on a good deal. Not to many around in the Chicago area.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
I'd get it. Interior isn't a big deal. It have tan or black interior? The headliners are the same for all 2 door gbody & are pretty easy to recover yourself. You can basically get seats from any Gbody, but if u want the olds style buckets, you can get them from a 78-88 cutlass or 78-82 ish other Gbody makes as they also had the Oldsmobile high back buckets. Find a nice set in a junkyard or Craigslist & throw them in. Carpet is also the same from any Gbody & you can buy new carpet on eBay for around $125.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Shouldn't be a bad deal, you might even find some seats in the wrecking yards, you just never know. Carpet is easy to obtain new for fairly cheap, headliners can be done yourself for $50, so why not?

Nov 4, 2012
I'd definately get it. I did seats, headliner and carpet in my car, and it was a walk in the park. Interior is very easy to do, and I wouldn't turn a car away because of a bad interior.

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006
Agree, get it. If it is really an H/O it will have the tan interior. The hardest part interior-wise would be if the console and/or dual-gate shifter was missing, because those are hard to find. It's going to be hard to find any G-body interior in the Chi-town area, especially the buckets / right material / patterns.

Also, don't waste your money on used covers for the car ,or someone's "NOS" covers or headliner - just but new. As stated, carpets are $100 or so, correct covers are reasonable as well. When I was looking up info for the same last year I checked 1A Auto Parts, Auto-Interiors, ACC, AutomotiveInteriors (all dot-com). They were all pretty reasonable.

Good luck :mrgreen:

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
H/0 had black interior as well. I would personally rather have nice used or NOS, but that's just me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 351
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor