MALIBU 79 Malibu ac HELP

michaelf101

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 11, 2022
I’m stuck. Does anyone know where I can find the conversion r12 to r134 fitting for the high side/liquid line on the left in my photo. I got the one for the low side. I’ve looked everywhere online and I cant find people with this ac setup. I have the new r4 compressor with the high pressure switch on the back of it. I’m in Washington and my state sucks for anything ac related at the part stores.
IMG_0058.jpeg

maxi426

Apprentice
Sep 20, 2018
NAPA sells the fittings individually. I just bought the low side yesterday.

Reactions: 1 users

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Also check rock auto. If you cant find. I might have some in tool box in miscellaneous drawer. I did several of these conversions for the 80's early 90's cars. Walmart used to sell the kit about $35.00. Not sure if they still carry the kit.

In the conversion you don't need to remove the high side Schrader. The new r134 adapter just screws down on top of it.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor