79 Malibu how do I get this stance the correct way

Looks like you will need more backspacing on the rear wheels to drop it down more. 4.25 seems to be the magic number. I've run 4.5 and needed a little spacer to bring it off the frame rail. your car may have station wagon springs in the rear to keep it jacked up to clear the tires. Try a set of standard springs and it should bring it down. Also try loosening the bushing bolts with the weight of the car on them and then tighten them back up. This was new stock springs and a 255/60-15 tire. It looked like it was an inch or so lower with old springs. View attachment 242631
What do you recommend I go for changing first, the springs? If so just oem 79 Malibu springs? I’m not really sure the backspacing on my wheels right now. They seem to sit quite far out now although I am running 275 tires. And if I change the rear springs will I have to change the front springs to the same springs and spring rate?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor

Back
Top Bottom