79 SJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
Occasionally I see posts by some of us asking... Is this rare? The answer is usually no, but today I want to bring your attention to what I would definitely say is RARE, merely because of how extensively it is well-equipped, regardless of whether it has the options you may feel are preferable. Generally speaking, in the collector car hobby, well-equipped is preferable. Check out this 79 GP SJ, loaded to the gills!
Includes t-tops, landau vinyl roof, rear window defogger, two-tone paint, custom sport wheel, genuine Pontiac wire wheels, Viscount leather bucket seats with power seat function, power windows, power locks, console, chrome bumper guards, 301 4 barrel (although the VIN indicates it came from the factory with the 350 diesel), Tempmatic automatic A/C, cruise control, rally gauges, tilt wheel, and remote trunk opener. Another rarity, the inside door panel tape is intact. I guess somebody ran out of money....no tach or cornering lamps!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... otohosting

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
That's cool, it remainds me of my old GP.

I had a 1980 SJ. I used to always think the original owner mus have wanted a Caddy but couldn't afford one lol. The options were:
-2 tone paint (burgany and off white)
-wire wheels (14")
-all the chrome and bumper guards
-power antenna (AM/FM/CB)
-301 4 barrel
-TH350 transmission
-3:08 limited slip
-fron and rear sway bars
-trailer tow package
-carpet in trunk
-black cardboard inserts in the trunk
-air (with the climate cintrol)
-cruise
-tilt
-remote mirrors
-power mirrored moon roof
-split bench with power drivers side (non leather) (red interior)
-full guages with tach
-power trunk release
-AM/FM/8-track/CB radio
-rear defog
-spot steering wheel
-power windows
-power locks
-power steering
-passenger side storage compartment (beside pasengers right foot)
-floor mats
-light in glove box
-lighted mirrors on sun visors
-and it had some carb that was wired to the ditributer

It was a pretty cool car. Mods i did were:
-new cam, springs, and lifters (268H Comp cam)
-new rebuilt carb
-normal style distributer (with new cap, roter, coil, and wires)
-new oil pump
-new water pump
-replaced transmission with a M22 muncie with Hurst Super Street shfter and duel friction clutch
-3:73 limited slip rear from a Regal
-steering colum from a console shift car

Was a damn fun car. I wish that I never sold it.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Yeah, I really regret getting rid of it. But I had another car I was working on, and the GP had alot of problems. The electrical stuff was startinf to act up quite a bit. And the frame was rotting pretty bad. There were a few golf ball sized hold in the rear area of the frame. But I f I could go back I would have kept it and just swapped with another frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor