8.8 Swap Parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denny

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2017
Mustang double adjustable uppers with spherical bushings.
would like to find a suspension guy that knows the angles of the old 7.5 ears and match that angle to my 8.8. i have all the double adjustable stuff (upper and lower arms) and would like to have these welded to the 8.8 just a little higher up for a better instant center like i had on my 70 chevelle with the no hops. can't get the pics to load but it is a pic of two housing ears i bought a while ago to weld to my 8.8

denny

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2017
would like to do this swap without those misalignment joints as the uppers. i have replacement ears to weld to the 8.8 housing to eliminate the bad angle. would like to hear some ways to get those ears set on top of the 8.8 correct. as it stands it looks like i'll have do the measurements once the 8.8 is set under the car. those ears will set up higher on the punkin than the stock 8.8's are so instant center is a litter better. have all the double adjustable stuff ready just don't like the idea of the lower than 7.5 mounting ears and using misalignment stuff to correct it.

Attachments

• IMG_0274.JPG
    IMG_0274.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 188
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor