80 Regal's new wheels / The Czech Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnovotny

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 30, 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
Hi,
I just wanted to post my new wheels on my daily drivin 80 Regal 3.8 Turbocharged.
Im trying to figure out how low this car can go and still be able to drive our bad bad roads.
I put some used BMW (I never thought I could do it) 15". And I like them in the end more than some cragars or mangels or originals.
And I put 205/50 on front and 205/60 on rear.
I will be happy if you tell me what you think or what could be done better.
Maybe I will yet go with 2" drop spindles or I have set of Eibach lowering springs.
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMAG0491.jpg
    IMAG0491.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 643

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the bmw bolt pattern is 120 and not the same as the G body's 127 bolt pattern. The wheels will bolt up but it puts stress on the wheel studs and I don't think the hub centers are the same size either. If you have the eibach springs why not install them and see how you like the ride height.

tnovotny

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 30, 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
pontiacgp said:
the bmw bolt pattern is 120 and not the same as the G body's 127 bolt pattern. The wheels will bolt up but it puts stress on the wheel studs and I don't think the hub centers are the same size either. If you have the eibach springs why not install them and see how you like the ride height.

Aha..I didnt know that at all. I just converted GM inches to cm and thought its enough. What do you think can happen? Isnt it dangerous?
I had opportunity to buy gm wheels, but didnt like em much..
Springs are actually not mine yet. I bought wheels first, because I just couldnt decide where to start.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I would not run the BMW wheels since they do not fit properly. If you can get the eibach springs at a good price then why not try them, lots of people have them and they don't complain. I ran with the eibachs for years and switch them out to moog cause I was doing something different.

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
pontiacgp said:

Actually the GM bolt pattern is 120.65 in Metric Which is not a huge difference @ .026 of an inch across. There is that much "slop" in a bolt pattern. Now if the hub centers are different you need to get an adapter.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
CWPottenger said:
pontiacgp said:

Actually the GM bolt pattern is 120.65 in Metric Which is not a huge difference @ .026 of an inch across. There is that much "slop" in a bolt pattern. Now if the hub centers are different you need to get an adapter.

My mistake, I forgot a 0.....if they used flat wheel nuts then .26 isn't much but since they use taper nuts then it does become an issue

http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/5080 ... w%20wheels

"BMW's 4.72" BP was "good enough" for the 4.75" hub.

Here is the stud using a 4.75" BP wheel. Note the stress concentrations at the chamfer resulting from 10,000+lbs of tension. These results are typical."
c6stud4_75inbp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor