81' CUTLASS SUPREME BUILD

Status
Not open for further replies.

svltrack

Apprentice
Sep 22, 2009
Ok, Just picked up the new pig today. Have some pictures of the car exactly as I drove it home

81backrightfar.jpg

81backbackbackright.jpg

81backbackright.jpg

81backleft.jpg

81backright.jpg

81backrightquarter.jpg

81centerleft.jpg

81doorjamright.jpg

81engine.jpg

81engineside.jpg

81frontchopped.jpg

81frontleftfender.jpg

81frontopen.jpg

81frontopenright.jpg

81frontopentop.jpg

81frontrightfender.jpg

81hood.jpg

81interior.jpg

81left.jpg

81leftback.jpg

81leftbackleft.jpg

81leftclose.jpg

81leftdoor.jpg

81leftjam.jpg

81leftquarter.jpg

81leftup.jpg

81leftupclose.jpg

81rightdoor.jpg

81rightsideback.jpg

81rightsidecenter.jpg

81rightup.jpg

81rightupclose.jpg

81roof.jpg

81rightupfar.jpg

81trunk.jpg

81trunkfloor.jpg

81trunkinside.jpg

um...yer air cleaner cap is on upside-down. :lol:

Was that car for sale on Craiglist in Delaware? I remember seeing an 81' for sale that was listed as green and the guy wanted it gone.

kustomkyle said:
Was that car for sale on Craiglist in Delaware? I remember seeing an 81' for sale that was listed as green and the guy wanted it gone.

Yes.. I went & saw it last week. Fair asking price for it. I drove it 35 miles home with not a single problem. Totally rust free body. Needs some new fenders and has a tiny, tiny dent in the right quater. It must have been a southern car since nothing 28 years old is that rust free from around here. Even the bottoms of the doors are perfect.

I'm always tempted to pick up anything cheap, because by the time I will actually be able to afford anything realistically, there won't be anything left affordable. But then again, one car needing a restoration is enough.

Anyway, what are your plans? Do you have a good place to get parts up there? If not I know of a good salvage yard down here.

Kinda reminds me of mine. Minus the wire hubcaps and that stripe. KInda wondering, why is the interior brown on a green car? Kinda think it looks a little wierd.

Nice find!!! Possibly a re-paint?

I'm jealous of your wheel-well and lower rocker chrome :lol:

81cutlass said:
Kinda wondering, why is the interior brown on a green car? Kinda think it looks a little wierd.

The seats have been incorrectly re-covered.
They should match the lighter color of the rest of the interior panels.
You can see that the material on the front bench simply hangs to the floor instead of being properly tucked up under the seat and secured with hog-rings.

So what are the plans for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor