81 Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky_901

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 24, 2010
Memphis, TN
8I got a quick question I wanted to know what the ECU on the passenger Kick panel control I changed all my wiring since there was some burnt ones I got them from an 4-door 80 cutlass which had power windows and seats which mine doesnt. Well point is it didn't have the ECU but everything works great execpt the heater so It might be that but wanted to make sure before I do anything else to it Thanks.

ECU will not control anything with the heat, the power locks, windows et cetera. The ECU basically monitors engine functions, has limited timing retard/advance, torque converter lockup and fuel calibration on the primary side of the CCC Q-jet carbs. I am sure I am over looking something but it's basically all powertrain controls. I have all the GM factory service manuals for the 81 ... lemme know if you need any schematics or such.

Just noticed I posted the topic in the wrong section :rofl: So can I jus bypass it since everything is working fine???

need a non-CCC carb, a vac advance distributor, but otherwise - yes. There is no longer a ECM in my car

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor