81 Grand Prix From Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hark-dog

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 20, 2010
Here are some pics of my 81 Grand Prix, I have included what it looked like for the past 8 years, I am redoing it again into more of a pro tourer..the engine uis a 383 with a world products motown block, AFR 210 heads, weiand 177 supercharger, a superchiller(air to water intercooler), NOS cheather, Holley supercharger seriers carb, also running A TCI superstreetfighter 4L80E trans with a Fab9 rear, strange center,35spline axles with 455 gears, suspension includes spoon control arms(tall in the front to run C5 spindles) all around, coilover conversions as well, willwood brakes, hydraboost..the car itself had a Lauren engineering ground effects kit..Her name is Mistress cause she takes all my money

Attachments

• 175 - Copy.JPG
    175 - Copy.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 664
  • 1cimg3553.jpg
    1cimg3553.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 664
  • 177.JPG
    177.JPG
    203.7 KB · Views: 650

Hark-dog

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 20, 2010
Here are the pics from the last do up, ran like this for 7 years, the hood is gone now, have a VFN fiberglass one the will just cut a hole through,was going to get is repainted but time is running short till summer so will have to stay in this paint till winter again, in the process of installing a new cage that is done right

Attachments

• scan0007.jpg
    scan0007.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 681
  • scan0009.jpg
    scan0009.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 676

Hark-dog

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 20, 2010
Any way could use a some help on a few things, looking to get a fiberglass trunk but all that anyone has is a pin on style, looking for a bolt on as the car will spend most of it life on the road, could anytell me if the inner stucture of a monte (the truck bracking) is the same as a Grand Prix, VFN does not have the mould for a GP but they do for a monte, pics and measurements would help, and as my care used to be a bench I only have the outside floor supports, saw once online they had factory inner braces for sale, cant find it anymore(has anyone seen these? can fab my own if I have to) not the one from gbodyparts

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Welcome Hark-dog! You went right to a build thread, nice work :wink: Until now, I thought mine was the only Grand Prix pro touring being built, so I'm glad to see yours! :D

I too am building a Grand Prix pro touring style, and she (her name's RawDogg) has taken all my money as well. Her history is long too, it would really require a phone book to document.

I went with Lauren Engineering only for the front and rear skirts. I modified the front but still didn't like how it was flat across (not pointed to the contour of the car) so I modified it. Still don't like it so I'm having a machine shop build an aluminum air damn which will further modify it. The rear skirt didn't work because of my massive exhaust tips, so I had to scrap them. I'll do a build thread sometime but you can see it on cardomain here.

I am really loving your build though. If you have any ideas I could use, or, if you want any from me regarding anything, I'll be glad to help. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor