Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth D

n00b
Mar 27, 2018
Hey everybody, This is my first post and be warned I'm completely new to the gbody community. Here is my story. I recently became the mentor to a young car enthusiast who has an 81 regal 3800 his grandfather bought a wrecked 98 gs with a supercharger. The Gs however as y'all know front wheel drive. I am wondering if taking the super charger from the gs, and putting it on the 81 regal 3800 would be a do able project.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
If I understand correctly, you want to take a series II 3800 top end from a 1998 regal and put it onto a 1981 3.8L?

Won't work. Blocks different. Heads won't match up. Wiring incompatible nightmare including key issue. So on so forth.

You had early 80s 3.8, then series 1 3800, then series 2 3800. Each with differences within the series.

And no, can't swap the whole engines either.

Seth D

n00b
Mar 27, 2018
If I understand correctly, you want to take a series II 3800 top end from a 1998 regal and put it onto a 1981 3.8L?

Won't work. Blocks different. Heads won't match up. Wiring incompatible nightmare including key issue. So on so forth.

You had early 80s 3.8, then series 1 3800, then series 2 3800. Each with differences within the series.

And no, can't swap the whole engines either.
Dang that's a bummer, thanks for the quick response

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor