82-87 Gbody roofs, are the different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stg1Regal

Greasemonkey
Aug 27, 2008
I was reading a post here about someone wanting to swap roofs on their G-body, got me thinking.

My question is if you had a let's say, a 82 Monte Carlo and needed a roof, can you use one from a 86 Olds Cutlass? or vice versa ?

I looked at a few roofs from the roof skin "seams" up , (unfortunately not side by side tho) and they all look the sameto me, the top of the quarter window openings appear to be the same.

I know roof swaps have been done defore, just didn't know the interchangeabilty between the brands, a Buick on a Olds, or using a Monte Carlos to fix a Grand Prix.

Also a another quick question, the area between the roof skin and the drip rails, what type of seam sealer is used, and what process, it takes to remove old dried up stuff and add new?

Thanks

la24lkr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 29, 2010
Can anyone answer this question? I might be looking to swap my 1983 Monte roof for an olds with a moonroof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor