82 Malibu 4 Door

Status
Not open for further replies.
The angle of the 2-dr coupe is more pronounced, or slanted than the 4-dr sedan or wagon, as Jim pointed out.

IC, thanks for clearing that up. I guess now I will have to wait. My funds for the windshield had to be used for something else. I am afraid to drive it with the glass busted as I got a ticket once before for that. 🙁

Took a few pics over the weekend. I will try and post them tonight if possible. I am planning to do a rendition of what I would like the car to look like once I get it finished. Still excited!

Good stuff.. Not alot of people would put time or effort into a 4door, glad to see your an exception.

Ive been doing project cars for a while and my wife has never talked me down from one yet... tho, she would have saved me alot of time money and embarrasment if she had!!
That asside, all about family!!

Id (personally) spend the time and money getting the breaks right and here are my .02 on the subject...
- "soft lines" are cheap and easy to replace (rubber brake hoses in the front and rear) Not only will save you from one blowing out but also save you alot of time trying to track down why your caliper keeps "hanging up"
- Break hardwear kits are also cheap and will keep every thing going smooth (especially if it sat a while)
- 97-2004 2wd Jimmy or Blazer front disc breaks (Knuckles, hubs, rotors, calipers and hangers) will directly bolt onto your front upper and lower controle arms, can be found for cheap in most junk yards and will increase your rotor diameter and thickness as well as upgrading you to dual piston front calipers.
- A compay called inlinetube makes pre-bent brake and fule line kits in both regular and stainless. If your lines are getting crusty be well worth the money once you pop a leak in a hard line in one spot you can bet youll be chasing them forever!

Thanks for the tips. Breaks seemed to be working great when I drove it. I haven't checked the lines at all yet, but I will most likely begin to replace them all slowly as time and money allows. First I have to get a windshield and tires. Didn't get time to work on my design yet, but hopefully I will soon. I didn't know about the blazer parts fitting, that is helpful. Thanks again.

driveit said:
Thanks for the tips. Breaks seemed to be working great when I drove it. I haven't checked the lines at all yet, but I will most likely begin to replace them all slowly as time and money allows. First I have to get a windshield and tires. Didn't get time to work on my design yet, but hopefully I will soon. I didn't know about the blazer parts fitting, that is helpful. Thanks again.
not a prob. Its the same swap Im doing on my caballero... gotta say, the one thing I have definetly learned so far is the rebuilt calapers you can buy from the auto parts store are well worth the money. I tred to rebuild mine and I cant seem to get the dust boots pressed into them properly. So I will be using them for the core deposit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor