83/84 H/O two-tone paint specs, wheel well measurements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

84hurst

Apprentice
Aug 17, 2008
Lansing
I've got my 84 hurst/olds in the paint shop and im wondering if anyone knows how far the lower body color extends up and around the wheel well??, The body shop sanded it down before measuring it. I know the pinstripe covers some of it. im thinking maybe 3/4 inch?? but thats just a shot in the dark, any help would be great!!!!

I've never done the two tone paint job myself, but I always figured on g-bodies it would look best if the colors met at the body line. So way above the wheelwell. basically in line with the bottom of side-view mirror.

I've got the main body line figured out, its just that small strip that continues over the wheel well that im trying to figure out.

hmm, ok maybe the 442's didnt have the lower two tone go around the wheel well, but the 1/2 inch sounds about right for the sticker from wheel well measurement, so maybe 3/4 to 1 inch would be good???? anybody got some imput/??

I went outside today and looked at my car and the lower body color black is around the lip of the wheel well and the sticker is 1/2" up from the lip. I can feel a faint line under the sticker. That line is where the black paint ends on the fender. With the stickers off the car you would see a 3/4" black paint starting from the bottom lip going up the fender. My car still has the orig paint and stickers on the car and with 44K orig miles. I hope this helps you.

84 W40 said:
I went outside today and looked at my car and the lower body color black is around the lip of the wheel well and the sticker is 1/2" up from the lip. I can feel a faint line under the sticker. That line is where the black paint ends on the fender. With the stickers off the car you would see a 3/4" black paint starting from the bottom lip going up the fender. My car still has the orig paint and stickers on the car and with 44K orig miles. I hope this helps you.
Yes thats a big help!! exactly what i was looking for, someone who had an original 83 or 84! I was gonna guess one inch but 3/4 works for me! thanks!

One inch is the general rule of thumb, I have some pictures somewhere of 83 H/Os at Cars and Concepts without the stripes yet that I can dig out...
Here is my 83 H/O just after paint:
Apr07_0002.jpg

Apr07_0003.jpg

Apr07_0005.jpg

Apr07_0014.jpg

Excellent!!! thanks for the pics!!!! if you could post those cars and concepts pics you have that would be kind of neat to look at as well! I'll tell the body shop to keep it at one inch. thanks!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor