Painting the center console

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Do know the color code for the SEM paint? Is the
Flexible paint called something specifically?
You need to use SEM Color Coat. Thats the paint for plastic and vinyl products. As far as color code do you intend on trying an aerosol can or a custom match using a spray gun to apply it ? I would STRONGLY suggest using an adhesion promoter before you spray it on any of the material.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
As with any color system for soft/plastic interior parts always use the proper cleaning & prep products listed for thier products to ensure long last finishes. Something else To add dispite how perfect of a match, not all OE materials are exactly the same shade new or hold the same shade with age.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Chased

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 1, 2024
You need to use SEM Color Coat. Thats the paint for plastic and vinyl products. As far as color code do you intend on trying an aerosol can or a custom match using a spray gun to apply it ? I would STRONGLY suggest using an adhesion promoter before you spray it on any of the material.
I'd be using an aerosol can

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor