'83 Cutlass Cruiser Build Thread

Been debating adding the vinyl woodgrain trim around the car once it's painted. Should I do it?

• Yes, that wagon needs woodgrain

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No, leave that wagon smooth and simple.

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Got the car all cleaned up and hit the 'Back to the 80s' show yesterday.
Beautiful weather and lots of cool stuff.

I've never really cared about awards or stuff like that but I ended up winning 3rd place in my class...

20240608_131818.jpg

20240608_171023.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 12 users
Haven't been able to do much car stuff lately because it won't quit raining but I was feeling productive yesterday and spent some long overdue time on my center console.
I bought it 5 or 6 years ago from Mike and I got all the paint for it like 2 years ago so it was time to get it all off the shelf...
Took everything apart and cleaned it up really good before repairing a few cracks and cutting open the shifter area to make room for the dual-gate.
Initially I thought the color looked too light but I said screw it and kept going... It darkened up as it dried and now I'm pretty happy with it.
I still have to do the lid as well as paint on the chrome stripes.
Gonna let everything dry a little longer and then I'll pop it back together...

20240628_084430.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Made some more progress today and painted the chrome stripes and got most of the console back together.
Really happy with how it's looking so far!

20240705_193638.jpg

20240705_193615.jpg

20240705_193921.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor