83 cutlass headlight problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmking

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 25, 2009
Hey I'm new here, quick question maybe someone out there can help.

My headlights just went out , my turn signals still work and all , but no response from the headlights.
started my car and they just did not turn on.

Any suggestions or ideas? Im not sure what i should do.
Thanks - Rick

Your headlight switch may have burnt out on the dash, it's not the switch itself but the dimmer switch with the heat sink attached to it right next to it.

88hurstolds said:
Your headlight switch may have burnt out on the dash, it's not the switch itself but the dimmer switch with the heat sink attached to it right next to it.

I've taken your suggestion and replaced both the headlight switch and the dimmer switch, still no response.
Everything works fine except the head lights and high beams. My parking lights and tail lights have always worked. I still cant figure it out .

Thanks anymore help would be greatly appreciated.

Check the wiring on your drivers side headlight with a test light. The wiring goes to your drivers side headlight then travels to the passenger side. If you have no current then start tracing the wire back till you find the problem. I would suspect since high and low don't work you'll find a light brown wire to be the culprit

check your horn, if it also doesn't work it could be a broken fusible link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor