BUILD THREAD 83 wagon build

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Both are ok. I’m lot familiar with one being better than the other. are you planning to tear down the motor?

NJ Longroof

Random guy
Feb 27, 2020
After a few days of crap weather finally brought the 350 home

Attachments

• 20201227_161139.jpg
    20201227_161139.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 174
Reactions: 4 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Nice score. I have the Celebrity Eurosport version of that wheel in my car. It's a claret/ oxblood color.
Good score on the engine as well. If it's the Vortec, the heads are easily worth that,

Reactions: 1 user

NJ Longroof

Random guy
Feb 27, 2020
Nice score. I have the Celebrity Eurosport version of that wheel in my car. It's a claret/ oxblood color.
Good score on the engine as well. If it's the Vortec, the heads are easily worth that,
Yeah it is the vortec heads/engine. I figured even of the engine was shot the heads are worth it but the engine was supposedly a runner. I need to round up some parts to complete it but the price was nice. I actually had bought the steering wheel for my dad but at 2am i didnt notice it was blue so i kept it. Bought my dad a black one from Mikes Montes.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah it is the vortec heads/engine. I figured even of the engine was shot the heads are worth it but the engine was supposedly a runner. I need to round up some parts to complete it but the price was nice. I actually had bought the steering wheel for my dad but at 2am i didnt notice it was blue so i kept it. Bought my dad a black one from Mikes Montes.
I take it that you have a blue interior. Actually, I think the blue wheel is rarer than your typical black one. If I'm not mistaken, Vortec engines didn't have a mechanical fuel pump on them. You might have to go electric.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I take it that you have a blue interior. Actually, I think the blue wheel is rarer than your typical black one. If I'm not mistaken, Vortec engines didn't have a mechanical fuel pump on them. You might have to go electric.
If the block goes anywhere near a machine shop, they should be able to precision-drill the fuel pump pushrod passage for you. Make sure the cover plate holes are drilled and tapped as well.

Reactions: 4 users

NJ Longroof

Random guy
Feb 27, 2020
I have a blue interior so it worked out well. I have to figure the fuel pump out. They make low volume electric fuel pumps like 4 to 6 psi from what i have read so far.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I have a blue interior so it worked out well. I have to figure the fuel pump out. They make low volume electric fuel pumps like 4 to 6 psi from what i have read so far.
....or you can have the block machined to accommodate a mechanical pump as Quinn suggested. ^^

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor