84 regal...my grill is swinging

Status
Not open for further replies.

84regal403

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 16, 2008
Kalamazoo, MI
its like it is loose on the bottom, so when my car moves, or when i touch it, it swings, do i need a new one or is there something i can do to it to stop it from swinging? thanks

jatguit

Greasemonkey
Mar 27, 2007
There are 2 springs, one on each side of the bottom of the grill. Lying on the ground, you have to go under the front bumper of the car and look up at the grill and check it out to see them. Yours MAY just be unattached and dangling loose, but most likely broke/rusted/or fell off.
You should be able to get them at a junkyard OR you can try putting a request here in the WANTED section and someone might have a pair to sell. Should fit 81 to 87 regals.
I ocassionally find them at the yards, but presently there are no grills on the regals in the yards the I frequent. But they do come in from time to time. I will keep a look out for some next time I go to a yard for spares.

You can also just try a generic spring from the hardware store, but you may have to experiment with the level of tightness needed to keep the grill in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor