Not open for further replies.

KCEE442

Greasemonkey
Apr 2, 2008
Long Island, NY
Just got an '85 442
Going to do a tune up and other misc things
Its all stock 307
Would it be worth it to do a full MSD tune up or just stick with stock?

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
KCEE442, Someone just had a good thread about this over at www.oldspower.com. You have to learn to work with the CCC or go to an older distributor in order to take advantage of advance curve kit. Full MSD package is not worth the money as their is not much if any power to gain in a 4,800 rpm max 307 nor should you be haveing starting or rough idle problems in a stock 307. Short story just tune up with quality name brand parts.

If you are new to the Olds 307 even the vin9 307 they are not cost effective to put money in for power gains. Power improvement items should be left to parts that can carry over to an Olds 350 or 403. Such as headers. Many people build an Olds 350 or 403 for them since they are externally the same dimentions and everything swaps over and is a direct bolt on. I just drove mine while I built an engine for the car. You might also get some ideas for the future from this site. www.robertpowersmotorsports.com. The site is a bit dated as today you can buy BBO gbody headers from Hooker and Kooks. Still a killer pump gas AC/PS/PB equiped real street car that ran 12.3 at 110mph and got 15mpg before being stolen.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
if you want power start looking for a 350 (chevy or olds). otherwise just stick with stock parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor