'85 Caballero on BAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Way too nice of a price, too. Pretty decent shape, but about 2-3K more than I'd be willing to pay for it.

I'm betting some idiot will over pay for it (looks like the first box will be checked), then put an LS engine in it.

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
El Caminos are going up. I think you will be surprised. I bet this is going to go over $10K.
Not that easy to find in this kind of condition.
But, I agree, an LS would be appropriate along with several other additions to enhance it's performance and handling.

I've been offered $20K by someone very serious for mine. I won't sell it for that.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
El Caminos are going up. I think you will be surprised. I bet this is going to go over $10K.
Not that easy to find in this kind of condition.
But, I agree, an LS would be appropriate along with several other additions to enhance it's performance and handling.

I've been offered $20K by someone very serious for mine. I won't sell it for that.
Considering the prices I've seen people pay for stuff, I'll never be surprised. Apparently it's owned by Jim Gessner, of Corvette lore. That's pretty cool right there. I mean, it doesn't make it worth any more or less, just kinda neat. From his comments in the auction, he's going to lose money in this deal. I figured someone overpaid. Sounds like he's being as honest about it as possible, and the amount of detailed pictures is noteworthy and upfront without having to be there. Appears he's willing to take that hit after spending nearly 1400 on LOF, a battery, and carb rebuild.

Doesn't seem like people like the car for whatever reason, though. The last few years it's bounced around a lot. Sounds like flippers have played with this one....that would make me cautious. Especially since they claim to have purchased the car from Mike Joy (I'm assuming the NASCAR guy) in May of 2018, and I thought Mike lived in NC. I didn't see anything about that car being in NC then. Unless he was breaking the law and never registered it in NC. According to the paperwork pictured, it was still registered in SC at that time (appears literally right down the street from me!). Kinda neat ownership history, even though the car probably isn't worth that kind of coin to me.

Regardless, someone will own it and I hope they think it's worth it. IMO, I think it's a bit overpriced for what it is. Unless you just gotta have a Caballero, money is best spent elsewhere.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
makes me feel bad about not bidding on that 78 elky with the cowl induction hood yesterday..... went alot less than that....
1559513907348.png

body was solid, factory 305, but floors were soaked inside, and panels were wavy as heeell.... went for $1600

Reactions: 1 user

Cajun83HO

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2016
Louisiana
No body wanted my 85 GMC Caballero Amerillo project with a 4.8LS/4L60 combo. Car was Sid and straight. Dumped the car for 1K. Still have the 4.8 combo for sale.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor