85 Cutlass Brougham engine build

Status
Not open for further replies.

huhsnare

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 5, 2011
Charlotte, NC
I have an 85 cutlass that had a 79 olds 350 swapped into it before I bought it. My uncle and I are planning to rebuild the engine this summer. Whoever swapped the engine did nothing with all for the factory wiring under the hood. What can I do with that stuff to clean up the engine bay while we have the engine pulled out thanks for any help that u guys can give

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
Either buy some degreaser or take the car to car was and hit it with the pressure washer. I did my car with a bottle of degreaser and bought some black krylon spray paint and painted everything black(not the wires).In regards on how to clean up the wiring looms in a color you like.

mike87442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 9, 2010
homer glen illinois
You can remove the entire computer control harness,it comes through the firewall behind the glovebox,removing all of that wiring really cleans up the engine compartment

huhsnare

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 5, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Yeah that was what I was worried about. I didn't know if anything would stop working if I took the computer out. I didn't know if anything was actually running off of it. There are a few plugs still plugged in under the hood and the others are mostly just there hanging and loose

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor