85 Monte Paint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

85montemj

Greasemonkey
Nov 4, 2009
So after a year of battling with this nightmare of a car, I'm in the final stages of completion, paint. With my dad's awkward work schedule and my inexperience, we're doing it panel by panel. So far I have the roof, jambs, a entire rear clip primed. Here's what i have so far....

Doin' some welding in the trunk..
normal_paint6.jpg

Bodywork..
normal_paint1.jpg

normal_paint2.jpg

normal_paint3.jpg

In Primer..
normal_paint4.jpg

normal_paint5.jpg

Here's an ad from one of the paper's I used for masking. See anything odd about it??
normal_haha.jpg

86Limited said:
Looking good, I see a show car In progress.

BULL!! haha. I have family in Jupiter, FL. And neverendingmonte, i guess I failed to mention I'm not sticking with the original color. I'm going with GM Victory Red. I want a GBody without the same contemporary colors they put on ALL of these things.

you should keep it primer grey, and put some primer red racing stripes on it...paint repair would be easy a cheaper that way too! But you car is looking real good, I wish my monte was as clean

Tuggy24g said:
Your doing a good job. Cool to see your doing the work yourself and learning with your dad.

Yeah it's nice. He's enjoying it too. Up til now he's been my "supervisor" on all the mechanical work. I'd do it and he'd check it so it's nice to have him envolved. Thanks for the compliments!

So after some insane amounts of brazing, welding, and fiberglass bondo, the doors are complete!! Also the hood and deckild are painted. Sorry about the pictures....

Driver's Door
paint8.jpg

Hood and Decklid
paint.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor