85 Monte Rear suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmerc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 10, 2009
Ok the last question was an easy one now on to a real dilema. Im having a midlife crisis here and am confused on which way to go. I was planning on doing a back half on the car with 4 link and mini tubs but saw some postings about the upgraded adjustable suspension packages like the one offered by HRPartsNstuff. They make a fully adjustable set of uppers and lowers with a custom made sway bar and say they have cars running in the 6's . Im not looking to do that kind of times but the cost of the 2 options is not that far apart. Any thoughts on which way to go?

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
their is a lot of really fast g-bodies running quote unquote "stock suspensions" the fist thing you need to upgrade is the rear end if you are after high horse power then upper and lower trailing arms and a anti roll bar to get rid of the g body twist

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Street? Strip? Both?

jmerc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 10, 2009
Probably 90+ % strip. may roll it out for the occasional friday night gathering.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Budget?

jmerc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 10, 2009
Not unlimited but based on what Im seeing as far as pricing goes ide say I can go toward the upper end products.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
On the cheap I got 1.46 with this combo:

Stock front rebuilt with poly bushings ( no preload), stock spring minus one coil, cheap 3-way shocks, d/s shock 80/20, p/s 90/10

Rear 3-way set 50/50 , Eibach lowering springs, boxed lower, adjustible uppers,spherical joint and air bag in r/r spring.

It left hard but was all crossed up and a handfull.

Now I have double adjustible QA1 on the front and rear.
Metco adjustible UCA and custom tubular adjustible LCA with hiem ends.
HR&stuff anti-roll bar.
Same springs front and back.

You NEED rear double adjustible shocks if you plan on running any type of drag radial.

I have picked up a little 60' 1.44, but ran out of time to really hit it with then trans brake.

Anyway, the car hooks and leaves even no matter what track and I can drive @ 130 mph with one hand.

I would suggest a HR&stuff type bar since it is a little more street friendly.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I would not back half your car. Go for the "stock setup" rear suspension. You can also notch the frame in and do a mini0tub on the wheel wells. And I'm sure with all the 'good' parts. It will still be cheaper than back-halving your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor