86 regal wiper issues please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK this has been an ongoing question as far as I see. Are you 100% sure this is the right column. There were some changes. Compare the plugs. wiring should be identical colors and positions - if not I think we found the problem. You had one wire pinched already ... check the harnass (this requires dis-assembly or probing each wire for continuity), make sure the tilt hasn't broken a wire or two and make sure you re-use the factory wiring shield. The turn signal switches are cheap but tearing into the column to replace it can be a chore ... believe I just went through it. I wanted to replace my column instead of fixing it but could not locate the right one anywhere (then again my 81's column {floor shift, wipers on dash, tilt, cruise} is a tad less common than an 86 model's).

I don't want to sound like a dick but know exactly what the donor was would help.

i have taken the switch out of the 86s column because the wires were different on the donor column so that's not it chances are my switch is probably dead I've kinda exhausted all other possibilities now i guess the switch is just dead

misfitregal said:
i have taken the switch out of the 86s column because the wires were different on the donor column so that's not it chances are my switch is probably dead I've kinda exhausted all other possibilities now i guess the switch is just dead

I think I paid $15. at Advanced ... if you've gotten it that far apart already - you are just beating yourself over the head for nothing - buy a brand new switch - mine switch wasn't even the problem but I put it in anyways ... it was cheap, in stock and my column was already apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor