86 ss driver seat slider tracks

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I'm sure others will chime in here, but I'm not aware of anyone currently reproducing factory style bucket seats tracks for A/G body cars. Most people that have spares are hanging onto them, and those that are for sale generally bring good money, because they're kind of scarce. Here in the great white north, its not unusual to see driver's side bucket seat tracks with feet rotted off them where they bolt to the floor.

Reactions: 1 users

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
I'm sure others will chime in here, but I'm not aware of anyone currently reproducing factory style bucket seats tracks for A/G body cars. Most people that have spares are hanging onto them, and those that are for sale generally bring good money, because they're kind of scarce. Here in the great white north, its not unusual to see driver's side bucket seat tracks with feet rotted off them where they bolt to the floor.
yeah i seen a full set on ebay goin for over 400 used both seats. realized in a other post did on the seat tracks to floor brackets and realized tht is going to have to be fabbed. thought could find random sliders that can at least fit to the seat like opgi, NOPE! now here i am for round #2. lol

Last edited:

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I may be way off here, but can one not use the split bench tracks and trim the release wire to the correct width?

I know there is/was a thread on the differences (didn't go look for it), but I'd spend a day modding split bench tracks before I'd pay that kind of dinero for OE bucket tracks.

Reactions: 1 user

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
I may be way off here, but can one not use the split bench tracks and trim the release wire to the correct width?

I know there is/was a thread on the differences (didn't go look for it), but I'd spend a day modding split bench tracks before I'd pay that kind of dinero for OE bucket tracks.
i apprecite the response, i did some serious searches before posting this & went thru 25 pages. i prolly seen that post and no real info value but i did learn that for where i'm at these 2 things are of no concern of mine cuz not doin any conversions.
and the others that weld to floor pan for 60/40s.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor