Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
NICE!!!

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
86SS

i noticed that your electric fuel pump is hanging from a bracket, my question is it any less noisey than being bolted to the frame? nice work on your car!!! i know i've always wanted a big block in mine but at least i got a 383. [/img]
100_0425.jpg
100_0430_00.jpg

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
BENCHSEATRACIN said:
unless it's free & perfect & has a fold down arm rest & it's maroon...LOL!

If you're in the houston area come pick mine up, I can't sell them worth sh*t.

BENCHSEATRACIN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 6, 2008
Bel Air,MD 21014
Fuel pump noise and location

The biggest reason you see my pump mounted where it's at,is because it was simple.All the fittings have it fairly secure,but I did run a bracket from the pump up to the gas tank strap to hold it more secure.I see you have a Holley pump on your car.It seems no matter what you do,the Holley pumps are loud.When bought new they come with a rubber seal to place between the frame/floorpan and the pump to help noise and vibration.
The Mallory pump I have runs quieter than a Holley.
If you run aluminum fuel lines,they seem to rattle,and between that and the pump noise,the sound carries through the whole car from back to front.
I have braided -10 fuel line on this car,and it helps muffle some of the pump noise too.My car will have 3.5" Flowmasters on it soon,so that will help bury the noise too...LOL!I run a BG 400 pump on my 65 Wagon,and it's a very loud pump.That car has -10 line on it too.I also run a Holley blue pump on it with 1/2 aluminum fuel line for my nitrous plate.So with both pumps running & 4" exhaust,it gets pretty noisey in the car..LOL!
I run 4" BORLA mufflers on it,and I can still hear the BG 400 fuel pump when I'm sitting at red lights.
I find my self saying "ahhhhh" or giving a big sigh after I turn it off...LOL! As much as I love these loud Hot Rods,the noise still seems to wear you out after a long ride.And the fact I'm 46 yeasrs old doesn't have much to do with that,I've said "ahhhhhhhh" after shutting them off as far back as I can remember..LOL!Funny thing is,I've noticed friends and girlfriends doing it almost simultaneously with me when I shut the car & pump off...LMAO!

pennsburg mike

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 31, 2008
Looks Like a great car with some fine workmanship...should be alot of fun...on question...are you doing all this in the street in front of your house??!! Here's to you! :lol:

TheFullMonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 30, 2008
Hartsville, TN
thats gonna be pretty fun! my hats off to you tackling the job on the curbside. looks mean! I bet its gonna be quick too! keep the pics comin!!!
JESSE.... sweet ride, bet its quick too! wish i had that fab9 under my SS....hahaha!

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
86ss

thats a sweet looking motor you got there :) do you race it? i think benchseat can take both of us :D i'am with you about doing his car on the street, i'd have to sleep in the car until i finished lol. by the way my car did have a benchseat in it!

TheFullMonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 30, 2008
Hartsville, TN
Re: 86ss

JESSE said:
thats a sweet looking motor you got there :) do you race it? i think benchseat can take both of us :D i'am with you about doing his car on the street, i'd have to sleep in the car until i finished lol. by the way my car did have a benchseat in it!

thanks! :D took quite a while to get it that way...lol. I race it whenever I get a chance. hehe...be it the strip or the street! Kinda on borrowed time with the STOCK rear end still in it.... haha! Its got an auburn pro and richmond gears but stock axles. No hard launches til the fab9 goes in. As far as benchseat taking either of us... that remains to be seen...lol. No disrespect to benchseat! My ole pig is pretty quick. 7.20-30's @ 100mph in the 1/8th motor only in full street trim on drag radials. I'm a few weeks away from ordering the fab9. Putting a Speedtech plate kit on it when it goes down for the rear end install. Cant wait for that to happen! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor