87 Cutlass composite headlight or sealed beam.

87 Cutlass stay with the euro front or switch to the sealed beam headlights?

• Switch to the sealed beam front.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Don't ruin the 87 and keep the euro composite front.

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WisconsinCutlass

Greasemonkey
May 28, 2014
I'm looking for some opinions on my 87 Cutlass. It came with the composite / euro front end and I can't decide if I want to change it or not. I prefer the look of the sealed beam headlamps but don't know if I want to take an all original 87 and put the 84 front end on it that I have. I believe the euro front end makes the car more rare / valuable but I can't decide whether to keep it. Also if I do decide to switch to the sealed beam headlights is it just a matter of cutting the bulb plugs for the composite headlights off and splicing in the plugs for the sealed beam lights or is there more to it? The pictures are of the car how it sits now and the extra front end I have.

wrgpsj.jpg
2lsb9zd.jpg

WisconsinCutlass

Greasemonkey
May 28, 2014
Im almost done with doing this swap. I got the plugs for the different lights spliced in last night. Swapping the front was alot easier than I expected. The only question I have about it is the amber markers on the front fenders. On the 87 these are just reflectors with no bulb in them. Im guessing this was because of the amber marker light by the headlights. On the 81-86s did the marker on the fender have a bulb?

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I vote keep it the way it is. :)

WisconsinCutlass said:
Im almost done with doing this swap. I got the plugs for the different lights spliced in last night. Swapping the front was alot easier than I expected. The only question I have about it is the amber markers on the front fenders. On the 87 these are just reflectors with no bulb in them. Im guessing this was because of the amber marker light by the headlights. On the 81-86s did the marker on the fender have a bulb?
Yes, I think they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor