87 Cutlass Dash Light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DelOhio

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2009
Delaware, Ohio
2dr, all my dash lights work aside from the light that illuminates the area of the speedo were the MPH's are..... What size bulb is that if anyone knows that would be awesome to save me from having to pull it & then hit the store.

Thanks,

Derek

dedub

Greasemonkey
Aug 18, 2008
N.C. Fort Bragg
Hit the store, they'll know which one you need. You could also do a search on www.dixiemontecarlo.com
www.summit.com
and get the actual part number.
You will have to take the dash apart to get at that bulb. I did this project on my 80 not to long ago. Remember you car is over twenty years old. You start moving thing around and Murphy sneaks in. Buy some extra! Get your hands on some emery cloth or some 400 or 800 sand paper. The cooper strips that make contact on you bulbs will be tarnished. You will have to remove all the bulbs to clean them but better to do it once right than have to pull it apart later because some of the others stopped working. This happens often because the bulbs do not sit exactly where they were for the last 22 years.
good luck

DelOhio

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2009
Delaware, Ohio
dedub said:
Hit the store, they'll know which one you need. You could also do a search on www.dixiemontecarlo.com
www.summit.com
and get the actual part number.
You will have to take the dash apart to get at that bulb. I did this project on my 80 not to long ago. Remember you car is over twenty years old. You start moving thing around and Murphy sneaks in. Buy some extra! Get your hands on some emery cloth or some 400 or 800 sand paper. The cooper strips that make contact on you bulbs will be tarnished. You will have to remove all the bulbs to clean them but better to do it once right than have to pull it apart later because some of the others stopped working. This happens often because the bulbs do not sit exactly where they were for the last 22 years.
good luck

Couldn't have asked for a more informed responce. I figured I'd just have to pull it first, AdvancedAuto says they have 4 options on what bulb it could be.

Thanks

Geesie

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
Easiest way: pull the dead bulb, take it to the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor