Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Re: good bye j-body hello g-body :)

good luck, bet it fires right up !

98whitez24

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2011

welll.... got the pump on & installed and everything, still won't fire, so i got under the car yesterday morning and all the lines at the tank just after the sending unit were rotted, so i pulled the rotted lines, and dropped the tank, there was a hole roughly about the size of a quarter on thetop of the tank. so i guess i didnt need to do the fuel pump, butttt new parts *drools*, but i have a new tank and sending unit on their way and will be here on friday, install it & itll run under it's own power with a full new fuel system :), then it's off to find out what i need for a safety, get the safety & start upgrading :)

98whitez24

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2011

hey guys, i know it's been a while, but i got the tank in & fired up, forgot to hook up my power line for the gauge, so ill be dropping the tank, i now have the interior taken out & going to be addressing the holes in the floor, i have one on pass side in the rear, one on drivers side in the rear & my drivers side floor board, going to be cutting & riviting until i do a frame up restore in a year or so. also have the driversside exhaust manifold off & going to be taking it to get drilled and restudded for the stock exhaust, going to be using stock upto the cat then doing a dual out the sides infront of rear tires, but i want to do an ac delete, but want to keep my heat, so is there a possible way to pull the ac compressor and lines but still have heat??, ill post pics in a few of some updated junk :p

98whitez24

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2011

holes in floors
HPIM1343.jpg

HPIM1342.jpg

HPIM1340.jpg

trunk floor before the tank was put back up after being cleaned up
HPIM1288.jpg

HPIM1287.jpg

HPIM1286.jpg

98whitez24

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2011

wheel wells arent too bad either

HPIM1285.jpg

HPIM1289.jpg

New fuel pump and line

HPIM1281.jpg

i know, i know it needs to be cleaned up, but i just wanna get it running first

98whitez24

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2011
well got my headliner redone, didnt really take any in progress pics, just scraped off all the foam, sprayed down some spray adhesive let it sit in my driveway for aboout 2 and a half hours, put it back up and im hoping it dosnt sag again, but if it does im just going to recover it in black, ill be adding pictures later of some of the junk i did today, like got all brackets except for alternator bracket off, sanded down & repainted, should i do a water pump on the car since it's been sitting for 7 years? the coolant's still green, have my manifold dropped off at my local shop to get drilled, tapped & restudded, so i'll have my exhaust, im planning 2 mufflers & side exit infront of rear tires, stock from y pipe back until i can get some funds together for a cross member, headers & x pipe but thats not for a while. floor pans will be addressed on payday, get some metal & start shaping, do you guys think it would be more practical to rivit the floor pans in or get them welded if possible? some input would be great, not noticing very much here. pix will be added within 24 hours

98whitez24

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2011
so, i've finally gotten the ac lines & compressor out, but there's still that canister, and the condenser that i need to pull, i have all my brackets painted and looking good, got the alternator cleaned up & sprayed a coat of paint on it & the air cleaner has been sanded down & painted, so it's looking pretty right now, it was dark before i had a chance to snap some pics of it all back together, so tommorrow morning i will take the pictures and have to wait for the gf to upload the pics to the pc, then ill be posting them on here, i realise that noone has posted yet, but good things will come, it's just getting it on the road, then upgrades come :)

98whitez24

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2011
IMG_3437.jpg

IMG_3435.jpg

IMG_3443.jpg

IMG_3446.jpg

IMG_3452.jpg

here's pics, ac has been pulled, still have the condenser & canister but those will come out soon & got it all back together, just need to tighten all the pullies up, and stop the belt squeaking. btu ima go get dinnuh an go back outside & work on the car :) have a good one, waiting for some kind of input, or critisizem

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
looks like it's coming together. Floors are not too bad, cut out the cancer and I prefer to weld in new steel but I know that if you used some rivits or sheet metal screws with a bead of butyl or roofing caulk around the overlapping seam that it wil get you by for a few years.

Regarding the exhaust why would you want dumps in front of the rear wheels ? If you are tight for cash then cut the pipe off as far back as you can, put on one muffler and a turndown ( and roll your windows up in traffic ) as the exhaust will find it's way back into the car unless you are moving. or just get the pieces from Crappy tire and make your own.
Really until you are making over 300+ HP you won't need duals and a cat-back will work fine. The cat-back system on the Monte SS splits the exhaust at the cat and it's duals from that point back. I have the hearthrob cat-back exhaust on my car with the eledbrock shortie headers. It works fine and sounds great turned out to be cheaper than the pypes kit
http://www.jegs.com/i/PYPES/958/SGG50S/10002/-1

This ad has been on kijiji for over a year now. Shorties into an x pipe and 2.5" all the way back. Little overkill for a 305 but it's a building process and won't hurt.
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicle ... Z227214743

or call this guy ( there is another in Stoney creek ) to see if they have a complete decent exhaust on one of their parts cars they are willing to part with for cheap.
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicle ... Z287310500

I can appreciate makeing do with what you have ( been doing it all my life ). Good luck !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor