87' Grand Prix T-Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

OE Espo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 13, 2009
I am looking to buy an 87 GP T-TOP car. any know the production numbers on them? (very many T's made in 87?) it is also black and gold exterior with some type of finned wheels. anyone know how to decode the trim package or options. frame is shot, is anyone making repair pieces? i think the T is cool but, the car only has the V-6 engine.

robwkamm

Apprentice
Jun 16, 2009
Teaneck NJ
i had a 78 gp t topper. loved the car. good luck with your search. i know of a guy selling a 87 t top aero coupe monte in north nj if your interested.

Eighty4GP

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 23, 2009
theres a 78-81ish Grand Prix LJ for sale right around the corner from me. its got t tops and an olds 403 with turbo 400. it needs to be rebuilt and the rear quarters are a bit rusty but for 300 bucks id say its worth it. its been sitting for like 2 years but it ran when it was parked there. I dont think the t tops leak either which is surprising but im not 100%. If someone could teach me how to load pics from my computer then i have pics of the interior and exterior as it sits right now.

Eighty4GP

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 23, 2009
IMG00428_00000.jpg
normal_IMG00429.jpg

Im located in Cherry Hill, NJ Right over the bridge from Philly

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
As far as the frame goes, there is a guy in Canada who sells hand fabricated rear frame rails and floor sections with cage nuts. I had a friend put them in my car. It took a few weekends to do in a driveway. You can't even tell there was ever anything done to it now. The entire kit is $290 and when I bought mine last winter he shipped them to me here in the U.S. for free because of the conversion rate. I only ended up needing two of the cage nut repair sections for the floor. I think the metal was about 1/8" thick or thicker. Not too hard of a job of you have a decent welder, air compressor, and assorted cutting/grinding tools, and of course some experience with welding.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/conradlozier/

Conrad Lozier
Woodstock, Ont. Canada
(519) 537-7214
Cell: (519) 536-3506

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor