87 ls with differential of a v6 is that why i cant spin 22"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 87 ls with differential of a v6 is that why i cant spin

Good luck beefing that 305 up to 300HP. you'll be at least 2000$ in deep.

You asked if a 350 makes around 250 horse power? that's like asking 'whats the top speed of a car??" It all depends on how it's built, it could have anywhere from 145HP to 1500HP.

Here's one thing that's a fact, that 305 will never make good power, UPGRADE TO A 350!

so let's see, you have a POS engine, don't know what exact rear is in the car, have 22in rims, and you're seriously asking this question?
the search engine is your friend, figure out the rear gear ratio first.
305's--well that horse has been beaten
22's-you probably just doubled the rotational inertia that the drivetrain has to overcome, that's why performance and oversized rims don't really go together.

drop that 350 u got in there and throw a 373 rear in it... and u got rubber... hell my lil v6 burns rubber its all stock!

off subject, sorry.

kuruption109, you're telling me that nasty mean looking Malibu has a V6??? Not cool man, not cool.

most v6 equipped G body I played with had High road gears . Its the way they were optioned I guess.

You need at least 3:73 to liven up you ride . Which in the real world the higher the number lower the gear Ratio

Good luck

My Monte came with 2:29 gears. Swapping them out for 3.42 gears with an overdrive trans made the weak 350 I had in it a lot more fun to drive.

-matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor