87 MC SS going 24s

Status
Not open for further replies.

87ssdotricks

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 6, 2013
SS monte 87 tryna figure out what exactly I need to do to throw some 24" irocs on it not really tryna do cups any suggestions or tips or anything let me know please and thank you

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
The correct backspacing/offset on the rims, and brand new V8 Monte Carlo springs and shocks. Make sure that you use 275/25/24 tires.

87ssdotricks

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 6, 2013
Qdub24 said:
The correct backspacing/offset on the rims, and brand new V8 Monte Carlo springs and shocks. Make sure that you use 275/25/24 tires.
See I'm tryna see exactly what I need and I ain't tryna cut on my fenders u saying new springs and shocks for a what year 87?? I wanna sit up a lil bit just just not to high ..n not tryna deal with no rubbing so I don't know about the 275 tires

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
That's the skinniest 24" tire they make. You could try a 255/30/24, but you'll be sitting higher and may need a little lift. Brand new, stock replacement springs and shocks should be all that you need for 24s. The correct backspacing/offset is the most important factor to get your stance right, and eliminate the possibility of having to use spacers. If everything is good, you should only experience rubbing when turning the wheel hard, ie. lock to lock.

87ssdotricks

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 6, 2013
Qdub24 said:
That's the skinniest 24" tire they make. You could try a 255/30/24, but you'll be sitting higher and may need a little lift. Brand new, stock replacement springs and shocks should be all that you need for 24s. The correct backspacing/offset is the most important factor to get your stance right, and eliminate the possibility of having to use spacers. If everything is good, you should only experience rubbing when turning the wheel hard, ie. lock to lock.
How u got that cutt lifted

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
No lift at all. I don't like lift kits. In my sig pic it had brand new, heavy duty, '72 Impala w/big block springs and shocks from Autozone. The rear has the OE, worn out, '83 Cutlass w/V6 springs and shocks from 1983.

87ssdotricks

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 6, 2013
Qdub24 said:
No lift at all. I don't like lift kits. In my sig pic it had brand new, heavy duty, '72 Impala w/big block springs and shocks from Autozone. The rear has the OE, worn out, '83 Cutlass w/V6 springs and shocks from 1983.
And u cleared 6s like that

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
In the front yeah. You have to get extended/adjustable trailing arms for the rear.

87ssdotricks

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 6, 2013
Qdub24 said:
In the front yeah. You have to get extended/adjustable trailing arms for the rear.
Where you get trailing arms everybody tell me that's a must on gbodys unless you do a lot of cutting

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
I got mine from UMI performance back in 2009. There are more vendors out there who make them. Look on Summit Racing 's website for more options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor