87 Regal, Olds 307 Not Getting fuel??

Status
Not open for further replies.

88SuperSport

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 7, 2009
Not sure if I should ask this in the Olds forum or not, but I have an 87 Regal with the Olds 307 which I havnt been able to start. I thought for sure it was ignition related until today. I unscrewed the filter and line from the front of the carb, and a small amount of fuel spilled out. But when I pumped the pedal NO gas was coming out of the line. It has a mechanical pump, I even turned the ignition on in case there was some electric relay controlling the pick up or pump I dont know about and nothing. Shouldnt I be getting fuel when pumping the pedal? I think the pump or pick up went? Or a block in the screen or gas line? Thanks...

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
imagejpeg_2_3.jpg

Is this the style fuel pump you have? (most likely) Even if not take the line that runs from the fuel pump that leads to the carb and put the line into a gug or bottle what ever and try to turn the engine over. After you've done that check and see if any fuel is in the bottle(or gug :p ) if there is fuel in there the fuel bump is doing its job.

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
the pedal is connected to the carb, not the fuel pump. If you spin the engine over fuel should come out of the outlet side of the pump. when you pumo the pedal fuel should squirt into the carb from the jets if the carb has fuel in it

83gbody

Greasemonkey
Apr 17, 2012
Oxford, Ms
Check fuel pump

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
from the factory carbed motors have pump on block and require the engine to be cranked to puch fuel. most efi cars have a in tank pump that will turn on with the key. that olds motor is carbed, it has a block mounted pump and will require the engine to be cranked in order to push fuel. i had this issue in my riviera last week, it had a 1/4 tank in it and i couldnt get fuel to the carb, i dumped 5 more gallons in and it started right up,. i think it may need so much gas in there to get the sipon started

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor